Xsuite is a collection python packages for the simulation of the beam dynamics in particle accelerators. It supports different computing platforms, in particular conventional CPUs and and Graphic Processing Units (GPUs).
- Xsuite is composed by the following packages:
Xobjects: infrastructure to manage the memory, compile and execute code on different computing platforms;
Xpart: package to generate and manipulate ensembles of particles;
Xtrack: single-particle tracking library, creation/import of beam line descriptions;
Xfields: computation of the electromagnetic fields generated by particle ensembles using Particle In Cell (PIC) solvers or analytical distributions.
Xdeps: management of the dependencies, implementation of deferred expressions.
Table of contents¶
- User’s guide
- Getting started: single-particle tracking
- Data management in Xsuite
- Save an Xtrack Line to a json file
- Working with Particles objects
- Particles monitors
- Deferred expressions from MAD-X
- Synchrotron radiation
- Tracking with collective elements
- Space charge
- Interface to PyHEADTAIL
- Combined CPU - GPU simulations
- Developer’s guide
- Physics guide
- API reference